For the sauce:
13.5 fl oz can of coconut milk
3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons black pepper
Pinch of salt
1 to 1-1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
For the mix ins:
A block of tofu (crumbled)
3 medium sized sweet potatoes
4 red potatoes
2 white onions
3 bell peppers
2 cups broccoli florets
- In the crock-pot, add all sauce ingredients (1 cup of water if you’re using vegetables with higher water content or canned/frozen vegetables, 1-1/2 cups of water if you’re using starchier vegetables or mostly fresh vegetables).
- Mix well (you can turn on your crock-pot to low when you start to make the coconut milk easier to incorporate).
- Chop all root vegetables to roughly the same size, separating onion layers before adding to the crock-pot. Cut peppers approximately the same size as the onions.
- After adding all vegetables to the crock-pot, stir until vegetables are well coated with the sauce.
- Remove your block of tofu from the water and press against a plate to remove any excess moisture. Manually crumble tofu over the crock-pot and stir until distributed.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, leaving for longer if you used more root vegetables and/or cut larger pieces.
*Feel free to pick and choose whatever vegetables you like most and adjust the amounts used to compensate for what you add or subtract.