Makes enough to stuff 8-10 bell peppers.
1 lb. dried lentils
15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 white onions, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
A pinch of salt
4 cups water
- Add pepper stuffing ingredients to a crock-pot and mix.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove stem, seeds, and inner membranes from bell peppers.
- Transfer stuffing from the crock pot into each bell pepper.
- After distributing all of the stuffing into the bell peppers, rinse out your crock pot and oil the sides.
- Transfer the bell peppers into the crock-pot and cook on high for 1-2 hours.
TIP: Unsweetened coconut milk yogurt makes a great topping!