2 eggs worth of egg replacer (I recommend Ener-G brand)
1 tablespoon stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons oil (canola or coconut oil work well)
1/2 cup gluten-free flour of choice (I recommend a rice based flour with xanthan gum for this recipe)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1-1/2 cups nondairy milk
- Rehydrate the egg replacer as directed on its packaging and combine with stevia, vanilla extract, and oil.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- After these ingredients are mixed, slowly add the nondairy milk while whisking.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of batter on an oiled pan over medium heat, cook until edges turn golden. Flip. Cook for another few minutes and remove from heat*.
- Repeat until the rest of the batter is used (should make 4-6 pancakes depending on pan size).
*When removing from pan, it may be necessary to briefly transfer the pancake to a paper towel to pull off excess oil.
TIP: Unsweetened coconut milk yogurt and and fruit preserves are a delicious combination to roll up in your pancakes.